KTM Lycan LT 271
Austrian-designed and built, the KTM Lycan LT 271 represents the peak in mountain bike riding and racing for the discerning mountain biking enthusiast. Start with their Straight Line Link suspension design, which revolutionizes shock absorption, eliminate rear-end pivots, add a new carbon rocker link and Boost spacing, and you've got a seriously stiff and lightweight mountain bike designed for the longest and toughest rides you can find. With 160mm of travel, no hill is too steep or valley too low.
Built around a triple-butted alloy frame, the Lycan's geometry is downright wolfish. With a flatter head tube angle, a steeper seat tube, and a longer top tube with a shorter stem, you'll find the handling will let you track down all the sheep--uh, bike riders ahead of you. KTM outfitted their frame with top-notch Sram and Shimano components with lightness and durability in mind so shifting and braking are effortless and reliable. Fitted with top-of-the line Sram and Shimano components such as Shimano RT99 180/180mm brakes and Sram XX1 rear derailleur and shifters, you'll be the pack leader the moment you step over the Fizik saddle.
You'll love the KTM Prime II Trail wheels. At 27.5" you have plenty of wheel to roll over obstacles but a small enough diameter that you're more nimble on the sharp cuts and turns. Schwalbe tires will have you clinging to the trail like an Ibis and 180 degree rotors will stop you on the steepest descents. The Lycan 271 is wolf disguised as a mountain bike. Sheep, beware.
- Frame: Lycan 27.5" Longtravel Alloy Frame
- Fork: Fox 36 Talas 27.5-160, FIT4 3posL, T, 15x100 KASHIMA
- Shock: Fox Float DPS Perf., LV, EVOL, 3Pos.L
- F/R Wheels: KTM-DT Prime II Trail 27-5" DT / Tubeless
- F/R Tires: Schwalbe Rocket Ron Evo 57-622, LSk-folding
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT M8020-E Sideswing
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM RD XX1 1x11
- Shifters: SRAM SL XX1 TRIGGER
- Bottom Bracket: KOMPAKTLAGER SRAM PRESSFIT GXP
- Crankset: SRAM FCXX1 1x34
- Cassette: SRAM CS XG1195 10-42
- Chain: SRAM PCXX-11
- Brakes: Shimano Deore XT M8000 Ice-Tec, Pad w/Fin
- Handlebar: KTM Team HB-FB21L 2X-flat, 720
- Stem: KTM Team KT-6 7°
- Grip: KTM Team VLG--864- 12D3 Neopren 1 Clamp
- Headset: KTM Team B303AM drop/in-tapered, +5
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1 Flow
- Seatpost: KTM Team SP-719 400/30.9